Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Sista

So this past November, my little sister won MISS OHIO USA! Still can't believe it :) I'm so very excited for/happy for/proud of her!!

She has never done a pageant before..ever.  She decided to try Miss Ohio to step out of her comfort zone and to do something new. Lo and behold, she won!

She kept it a secret from everyone.  She was doing this for herself and I also think she was nervous ;)  She did not want us to go at all. It's always harder to do things when people you know personally are in the audience.  Feel the same? We wanted to go, though.  Whether she won or not, my family wanted to support her.  Anyways, my parents bought tickets the morning of the pageant for themselves, R, and I.
My mom made the comment: "What if she wins and there is nobody there to cheer her on??" {Although we believe in her and all she does, other girls have been training for these pageants for years!! Toddlers and Tiaras anyone? ;)}

When she made it to top 15, we were thrilled.  Top 5 and we were beside ourselves!  When it was down to her and the first runner up, I was squeezing R's leg and had the biggest butterflies. I think my mom was about to throw up.  When she won my mom and I instantly cried.  We ran down to the stage and Kristin's life as Miss Ohio had begun. Cameras and people everywhere. SO cool though.

It's so much fun watching my sister on her road to Miss USA!  Proud sis right here!

Click here to show Ohio some love if you'd like ;)       And here!

No comments:

Post a Comment